Friday, November 13, 2009

The flu!

We were hit! Sunday morning Nicolas woke up with a fever, cough, chest hurting and runny nose, out of no where. He seemed to be acting fine but when the fever got high (around 103) he would just lay there (poor guy). Monday he was a little worse, I called the dr and and they immediately told me over the phone it sounded like the flu. They would not see him, just called some Tamiflu in for him to take. So he started on Tamiflu. I'm assuming that if he did indeed have the flu, it was h1n1 because it's not regular flu season and his chest was hurting which is a major one for h1n1 (respiratory problems). Monday evening I started with a soar throat and cough. By Tuesday morning I was a wreck. Nicolas missed another day of school and I called my OB. Since I'm pregnant they did want to see me. I slept until my appointment at 2 then drug myself there (Dan, Josh, Nicolas and Zack came too, but they all waited in the car). They tested me for the flu (which SUCKED, it was soooo uncomfortable) which was negative, they don't do swine flu tests unless you're in the hospital, and they gave me a breathing treatment. I left with a script for Tamiflu (which I protested to her that I did NOT want to take it because it's normally not safe for pregnant woman, but they're giving it to them now because of how sick you can get from the flu without it). So I got home, took my first dose and within an hour was vomiting horribly. I obviously couldn't tolerate it. So for the next few hours I was throwing up, it was horrible, I have never been that sick. When it was all out of my system I started with contractions. I was worried I'd have to go to the ER for some fluids or something, but after a few hours I fell asleep. I woke up Wednesday morning feeling much better. My wonderful hubby took M-W off work to take care of me. :) There was so school Wednesday so I was thankful for that. In the meantime, Zachary started with a fever but it never really did anything. So, this being Friday night I am thankful I'm almost 100% back to normal. Yuck! I feel like I'm getting a sinus infection now, but it's ok, I will deal. :)

Oh and on a different note, Zack is potty training! He is doing it all by himself too, I haven't pushed him once. He just started going on his own, without even telling anyone (until he was one of course, then he'd run out yelling "I WENT POTTY!") so for the past 2 days he's been wearing underwear around the house. He's doing VERY well. I'm so proud of him!! Oh, and today, he found that there's a slit in the front of his underwear and has been opening it all day LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment